Friday, November 25, 2011

Andrew Has a New Film Blog


Mormonhermitmom invited me to contribute book reviews to her book blog almost a year ago.  It was one of my New Year’s resolutions and so far I haven’t broken it.  The main reason to contribute to this blog was to bolster my chances of getting noticed by Spanish departments in universities across the country.  If a recruiter or admissions agent requests an essay, I can just refer to this blog.  Better yet, that agent can choose the topic that suits his or her interest while the book review fulfills that portion of the application requirement.  In other words, I can kill two birds with one stone.  I have not yet heard anything from universities, but the fact that professors can access my writing samples takes a huge weight off my shoulders.

Many of my book selections come from a reading list that I received at the start of my master’s degree program.  Part of that list included movies of critical note.  Some of them are hard to get through libraries or rental services, so I have to buy them from import stores.  I needed to know those movies well for the final exams given at the end of the program.  I have started obtaining copies of movies from the list, but it doesn’t seem right to post film notes or reviews on a book blog even though they are considered “texts” in the literary world.

So, to accommodate the movie reviews, I have started another blog.  The title of the blog is:


I hope my film blog will just be as rewarding as Mormonhermitmom’s book blog.  If you have a minute, check out my blog and maybe post a comment or two.

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? What did you think of it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails