Wednesday, September 14, 2011

For the love of books, please help!

I know it seems if my brother Andy has taken over the blog here. I have been reading, but I've had some major stuff come up.

I do have a problem that you may be able to help with. Our little town's public library has no place to call it's own. It shares space with the high school library. That means that I can't just go check out a book whenever the mood strikes. I have to go within two hours after the high school day ends. I have to go when school is in session. That's right, when the school is out for a holiday - no library. For those of us who are voracious readers, but don't have the budget to buy new books all the time, this is a serious situation.

The library board has money set aside to construct a building, but it doesn't have enough money to finish the inside. Things like shelves, tables, flooring...none of that is funded. They have entered our "library" in a contest that Pepsi is sponsoring. Anyone can go to their website and vote for numerous good causes.

If you happen to be a Pepsi drinker and have noticed those little codes in the caps, those codes can count for extra votes.

I'd appreciate all my friends and neighbors, both in real life and on the web, to vote everyday through September and into October.

Think about your local library and how you and/or your kids use it. What would happen if suddenly, it was no longer there?

It doesn't cost anything to vote. You can use your facebook ID or sign up for a free Pepsi account.

Please! I'm begging you! Vote for our library!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? What did you think of it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails