Monday, October 26, 2009

A Nod to the FTC and a Heads Up for Readers

I heard, on the radio of all places, that the FTC is looking to crack down on bloggers who do product reviews but don't alert their readers that they received compensation for doing so. In the interest of covering my prodigous backside, I make this statement:

If you read one of my book reviews, and it contains a link to a website(s) where the book can be purchased, it is very likely, although not guaranteed, that I have received a free copy of the book from the publisher. I have never received monetary compensation up to this point. I do occasionally put up links to purchase a book when I REALLY like the book, but have not received a copy of the book from a publisher.

I will tag all review posts of books that I did in fact receive a copy from the publisher thus: SPONSORED

Clear as mud? Good. Glad to get that out of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. You won a prize over on LDS Publisher
    (http://ldsfiction2.blogspot.com/2009/11/october-2009-ldsp-contest-winners.html)

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this book? What did you think of it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails